January 30, 2009

Bye Bye Wedding Dress

By now you have probably heard about Trash the Dress photo sessions.  These occur following the wedding, sometimes the next day and sometimes down the road, perhaps on your first anniversary.  They are an opportunity to capture some unique and artistic images of you (and your groom if he's up for it) rocking your wedding attire in ways that you might not have felt comfortable doing on your wedding day.  I prefer to think of them as Rock the Dress sessions since the word "trash" scares a lot of people and these sessions do not have to harm your dress in any way.  I myself did one of these sessions the day after my wedding and I LOVED IT!!!  It was such an invigorating process and I couldn't have been more thrilled with the end result.  I highly recommend doing one (and no my dress did not get trashed even though we were in a lake and rolling around in sand)!  It was a great opportunity for my husband and I to spend some quality one-on-one time following the whirlwind of the wedding day and we got some stunning images that we look at on a daily basis.  (I'll post some images from my very own Rock the Dress session in the coming weeks).  


Enough about me though...the reason for this post is I am so excited about a new joint venture between Confetti Films and Edward Ross Photography that I just had to share!  These two companies have collaborated on a new project called Bye Bye Wedding Dress.  Not only will you have the opportunity to have beautiful fashion forward images taken of you and your spouse by Edward and his team, you also will receive a stunning cinematography style film created to capture your session.  Just to be clear I am not talking about videography, I'm talking cinematography.  If you have ever wanted to feel like a movie star in a major motion picture, Confetti Films is the company to go to.  They are true artists and they don't just film, they tell a story...your story.  The combined talent of Edward Ross Photography and Confetti Films is out of this world.  In fact I can't stop thinking about the images and film they created back in December.  (The four pictures featured above are from this very session.  You'll have to visit Confetti Films blog to check out their video clip...it is definitely worth the trip).  I am seriously trying to figure out how long it will take me to lose enough weight to fit back into my wedding dress so that my hubby and I can have our very own Bye Bye Wedding Dress session.  

No comments: